Aidan Birhanu Miller Robinson

Thursday, September 9, 2010

My Bad!


Okay, so I did it. I broke down and emailed Jennifer (one of the Holt program people) today to check where we were on the waitlist. I've been following some emails about referrals at the HoltEthiopiaFamilies yahoo group, so I thought that we had moved up one or two spaces. She very gently reminded me that she only updates the list every 2-3 weeks. Therefore, we may be number 8 or 7 or even 2. We just don't know, but our OFFICIAL number is still 9.


I don't know why I'm having such a hard time waiting lately. We've waited 4+ years to be this close to finally being parents, I waited a full year to begin the adoption process while Liam was deployed, and I thought that we might have to wait another 2 months for a referral during the court closings*(see below); it's not like waiting is a foreign concept to me. Maybe it's just because we are SO close to finally seeing our little guy/gal. It's becoming SO real and I just can't wait to become acquainted with my child. I stare at other blogs from people that have adopted from Ethiopia, wondering if our child will have any of the characteristics of their children. I'm surprised that the Horton's haven't taken a restraining order out against me. I'm practically stalking Malachi at this point! The wait is killing me! And everyone that has gone through this experience warns me that the wait is so much harder once you have a referral, because every day that passes is one more without your child...a child that you have seen, and read about, and grown to love. I can't imagine loving this child any more than I do now...and I don't know anything about him/her. This whole process is going to be the end of me!


Does my child look like this?








































I HOPE!!!!!!!
*Every August-September, Ethiopian courts close down for two months during their rainy season. It's hard to imagine with our technology and industrial advances, but the courts (and much more) grind to a halt during this time. From what I've heard, the rains make traveling very difficult too. This year the courts have been closed since August 9th and they will remain closed until September 26th. I was in fear that this would delay our referral, but apparently, the process has little to do with Court. For people that are waiting to travel, these closings can be extremely frustrating though.

No comments:

Post a Comment