Aidan Birhanu Miller Robinson

Monday, January 3, 2011

So thankful...

No, this is the not the post that I was hoping to write about news of your court date, but it's still praiseworthy.

I love my church family! Yesterday Liam and I stood up to announce our anniversary. It's something fun our church does for birthdays and anniversaries and then the congregation sings to the person or couple celebrating. Anyway, as we were returning back to our seats, our pastor asked us to share what news we had about our adoption. If you've been reading my blog, then you know that I'm really frustrated that we do not have a court date yet. My pastor asked the whole congregation to be praying for us and Aidan (he also joked a bit with Liam about Aidan's Irish name...so funny). After the service, so many of our friends approached us with well wishes and hugs. It was so comforting. Marc and Staci Baker (who adopted a little girl this past year from Napal) gave us a candle that someone had given them when they were going through the adoption process. It says, "Be still and know that I am God (Psalms 46:10)." What a reminder of His Mighty Sovernty over our lives and one that I desparately need. Last night as I was praying, a peace came over me. I still don't know when we'll have news of a court date, but I trust that God is in control. It's in His timing and since I know that His timing is better than any plans that I may have, I know that Aidan will come home when he's meant to be here. Please keep us and our little boy in your prayers. 2011 is going to be an awesome year for us!


No comments:

Post a Comment