Aidan Birhanu Miller Robinson

Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

Mother's Day wasn't nearly the day of dread that I had been expecting. I think it really helped hearing the news of our embassy submission last week, but also I just kind of realized that this is my first Mother's Day...Aidan here, or not here, I'm still a mommy and I'm not going to let ANYTHING spoil my first official Mother's Day. Sure, next year will be better, but I'm excited that we're so close to bringing our little boy home.

How did I spend the day?
I went to church and then out to eat with my family. Unfortunately, Liam's sick right now and stressed with finals, so he stayed home to study. After lunch, my sister and I decided to go see a movie (Something Borrowed) and then went out to dinner. It was a great day!

Here's my post on Facebook:
Happy Mother's Day to my incredible mom and beautiful sister. I hope that I can be half as successful at this motherhood thing as you both. I love you. Praying for my grandmother on the first Mother's Day after losing my aunt. Thinking of my mother-in-law, who is responsible for raising the most amazing man and my best friend. We love and miss you, Marie. Longing for my little A. In such a short time, you have already brought me the most immense joy and have finally made me a mommy after so many years of heartbreak. Thinking of the woman that made it possible for you to be ours and praying for her happiness and health. We are eternally grateful. Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies in my life.

And finally, in honor of Aidan's birthmother this Mother's Day, a poem that I'm borrowing from the Holt yahoo group:

Once there were two women who never knew each other.
One you do not remember, the other you call mother.
Two different lives, shaped to make your one...
One became your guiding star, the other became your sun.
The first gave you life and the second taught you to live it.
The first gave you a need for love, and the second was there to give it.
One gave you a nationality, the other gave you a name.
One gave you a seed of talent, the other gave you an aim.
One gave you emotions, the other calmed your fears.
One saw your first sweet smile, the other dried your tears.
One gave you up ... that's all she could do.
The other prayed for a child and God led her straight to you.
And now you ask me, through your fears,
the age old question unanswered throughout the years...
Heredity or environment, which are you the product of?
Neither, my darling angel¦ neither.
Just two different kinds of love.
~ Author Unknown ~



No comments:

Post a Comment