Aidan Birhanu Miller Robinson

Monday, October 25, 2010

Wouldn't It Be Amazing...

Okay, so I'm giving a desire over to God and praying that it comes true!

I've been reading (aka stalking) my email and the Holt Ethiopian Yahoo forum since the day we turned in all of our acceptance paperwork in hopes that we'll get word pretty soon as to when we will be submitted for a court date. I've seen through the forum that several people who received referrals at the end of September recently were assigned court dates in mid-December. From what I can tell, many people that got their referrals in late August have court dates for the beginning of December. If the pattern holds (honestly, I'm not even sure if there is a pattern) then we MAY get a court date for the end of December!

This would be significant for a number of reasons, but mainly because the sooner we get a court date and are approved, the sooner we get to bring Aidan home. December 30th is also our 10th anniversary. Can you think of a better anniversary/Christmas gift than seeing our son for the first time? The 29th of December will also mark Aidan's 5th month of life. Liam and I would love to be there to celebrate this milestone with our son. Last, though certainly not a huge factor, Liam and I will both be on Christmas break. I could use the days that I would have needed a sub towards my maternity leave.

So, I'm praying (and I hope all of you will, as well). I know that we're told not to expect the same timelines as other families. Just because we received referrals around the same time, does not guarantee that our court or travel dates will be the same. However, it's hard not to feel anxious and excited each time we see another court date being announced.

So, there it is. We know that God is ultimately the architect of this adoption, and we know that His timing is always perfect, so whatever happens, we are confident it's for a reason. Our desire, of course, is to have Aidan home as soon as possible. Every day that he's not here, feels like a huge part of our family is missing.

Please continue to pray for Aidan and that we'll receive news soon as to when we'll be traveling the first time. Please also pray that we'll pass court with very little stress or problems. Thanks again to all those that are following our adoption journey. It's an amazing ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment