Aidan Birhanu Miller Robinson

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Okay, time to snap out of it!

The song "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to" keeps playing in my head, except this is NOT a party. I've been feeling so whiney lately, but enough's enough! This is NOT about me. My little boy is healthy and we got word yesterday afternoon that he's been moved to Addis. This is fabulous news for us, because he's one step closer now to coming home. However, can you imagine how scary this new transition must be for him? Other than his birthmother, the caregivers at the Durame Care Center have been his only family. He's been with them since he was 6 weeks old and now, just like when he was taken from his birthmother, he's forced to leave them. My heart breaks for my little boy. So many traumatic changes in such a short time, and here I am feeling sorry for myself. My little baby is already teaching me and he's not even home yet.

Our social worker contacted me yesterday to tell me that we would need to update our homestudy since it will expire in May. She asked if we thought we would travel before May 10th, because if we did, there will be no need to update it. "Uh, don't know." I really hate this wait!

When I emailed Stephanie to ask if there was any new news, she gently (gotta love Steph) reminded me that we are well within the 6-8 week time frame between court and embassy submission that Holt quotes. I needed to be reminded of this. These "unknown" delays have me frazzled, but it's only been 5 weeks since we passed court. There are others that passed court in January and have not been submitted to embassy yet. So, I've officially been chastised.

It's been 6 months since we got the referral for the most special little boy imaginable. We don't know when he's coming home, but at least we know that he IS coming home. For that, we are supremely thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment