Aidan Birhanu Miller Robinson

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Trusting God while I wait (day 2)...

I wait quietly before God, for my hope is in Him.
Psalms 62:5


This is very similar to yesterday's verse and is also found in the book of Psalms. I would like to think that I'm good at waiting patiently, but in truth, I must admit that God has convicted me during our adoption journey that I am not a very patient person. The word "quietly" really stands out to me here, because I have been anything but quiet in my wait. I've complained, cried, argued, felt sorry for myself- just about anything to get God's attention. As Dr. Phil would say, "How's that working for ya?" Uh, not very well. So, in my pursuit of finding sense out of this Adoption Roller Coaster, I am challenged to just be still and trust in My Heavenly Father. Trust that He has control where I feel as though I have no control. Trust that He is working all of this to His glory. Trust that He has a watchful eye on Aidan and is keeping him safe.

Heavenly Father,
I do trust in You. I trust that You will sort out this mess and that You will bring our son home to us. I know that You have guided us every step of the way along this journey, and I know that Aidan is the child that You have chosen for us. I trust that You will keep him safe while we wait. My hope rests in Your assurance to us that Aidan in ours and that he is coming home to us. I may not understand, but I'm not promised complete understanding. As hard as it is, I will wait patiently on You. Please give me the peace of mind that I need during this difficult waiting time. Please use this time to draw Liam and I closer to you.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment