Aidan Birhanu Miller Robinson

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Trusting In God while I wait (day 8)...

So today's the day...

Today's the day that our adoption agency sends out the family updates to let us know where we are in the process. If we've been submitted to embassy, more than likely, we'll hear something today.

God has already been faithful to so many prayers. For one thing, the government has avoided the shut down that many called unavoidable. Because of this, many families will be able to bring their children home from Ethiopia. My friend, Cerise, is one of those families. Her little boy, T, will be in her arms in only a few short hours. Praise God!

I had a dream last night. We were in Ethiopia with Aidan. I'm not sure the circumstances, but the staff there told us that we would be leaving in a week to bring Aidan home. I woke up with the happiest feeling of peace and joy, and that feeling has not left me yet. I'm very hopeful that we will hear something today.

In my dream, a close family member was also in Ethiopia with his wife to adopt a child. I remember feeling so excited for them and proud to have been a catalyst for the decision to adopt. This is a dream for Liam and me- to inspire others to adopt.

There are 147 million orphans around the world. God calls us to be their protectors. There is a real need for Christian families to come forward and take in these children. AND, just so that we are clear, because we've been asked MANY times why we're not adopting "our own" or an American child- they are ALL our OWN, because they are all God's. Aidan is no less mine than an American child and no less mine than if he were my biological child. If you are comtemplating a calling to adopt and would like to talk to someone, please know that I'm here to answer any questions. It's a LONG journey and at times very daunting, but even now, with the uncertainty of delays, I can honestly say I would do it all over again. Looking at my sweet baby boy, there isn't a moment of doubt. He's worth it!

But we who live by the Spirit eagerly wait to receive everything promised to us who are right with God through faith.
Galations 5:5

No comments:

Post a Comment